Riporto un messaggio di Gabor Szabo in merito alla presenza di Perl al FOSDEM a Bruxelles, una delle principali conferenze open source d'Europa.
Se qualcuno è interessato a proporsi come speaker (in inglese, chiaramente), sotto sono indicate tutte le istruzioni.
Forse ci sarò anch'io. :-)
FOSDEM is one of the biggest Free and Open Source event held annually
in Brussels, Belgium. The expected number of visitors is around 4-5000.
Last year there was a Perl booth and a few Perl related talks.
This year we are going to have a devroom where we will be
presenting a number of Perl related talks.
FOSDEM will take place on the 5 - 6th February 2011.
The Perl devroom will be on Sunday 6th February from 09:00 to 17:00..
We're looking for speakers to submit talks for inclusion in the program.
In our conversations with the FOSDEM visitors last year we found
that while many were using Perl or interested in Perl,
almost none of them have ever attended a Perl Workshop or a YAPC.
Hence this is an opportunity to show the latest developments in the
Perl world to a wider audience.
A number of topics that might be interesting:
- Moose, the Object Oriented system of Perl
- Dancer and Mojolicous, the new light-weight web frameworks
- New features of Perl (5.10 and 5.12)
- How to run a new version of Perl on an older system
- Testing Perl code and using Perl for automated testing
- Writing games in Perl
- Using Perl modules without root access
- Database access using Perl
- Data mining with Perl
- Porting legacy Perl to Modern Perl
- Perl 6
Presenting a Perl based software such s a
* Content Management System
* Bug tracking software
Talks can be 15, 30 or 45 min long including (!) 2-3 minutes
switching time between talks.
Please submit your proposals to:
and include the following information:
- Your name
- The title of your talk (please be descriptive,
as titles will be listed together with ~250 talks
from other projects)
- A short abstract of one or two paragraphs
- A short biography introducing yourself
- Links to related websites/blogs etc.
The deadline for submissions is 20th December 2010.
The proposals will be considered by committee.
If your proposal has been accepted, you will be
informed by email by 27 December 2010.
Coordination of the Perl presence at FOSDEM is done
on the TPF wiki page:
Inviato da arthas il 16.11.10 13:40
Ti è piaciuto questo articolo? Iscriviti al feed!